Freie Universität Berlin European Studies Program deadline
spring 2021 deadline: December 17, 2020
FU-BEST (Freie Universität Berlin European Studies Program) is a semester program of Freie Universität Berlin for incoming students based on the American calendar, but open to all nationalities. It is offered in Fall (late August through mid-December) and Spring (February through mid-May) and features a combination of university-standard German language instruction from Beginner to Advanced levels and a large menu of subject courses (primarily in the humanities and social sciences) taught mainly in English.
FU-BEST offers five subject courses in English as well as four German language courses on various levels online. Our courses are open to students of all subject areas and offer an interdisciplinary approach to overarching issues and themes relevant to European Studies in Berlin and Germany today. They will run from Feb. 8 to May 14, 2021.
- German Language and Culture, Beginners (A1) to Advanced (C1)
- Artistic Diversity in Central Europe - Exploring Art in Germany from 1900 to the Present
- To Hell and Back: Germany and Europe in the 19th and 20th Century
- The Human Condition and the Totalitarian Experience
- Media Politics and Structures in Germany and Europe
- Understanding Pop Culture: European-American Encounters
To get a first impression of our courses and faculty, attend their free introductory lectures on our Youtube channel. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.